The making of an indispensable...
The bi-fold wallet is probably the most common type wallet for men, I bet pretty every men already owned at least one (if not dozens) like this one in their life. It fits in the back pocket of a trouser (this one is only 75mm high) and can carry everything you need without having to bring with you a bag. Don't take me wrong I love carrying a bag with me, but most guys don't like much to carry bags with them all the time and I understand why...
I have already uploaded in the past a pattern on the website, but felt the necessity to make another one with more pockets and a coin case, in another words a more universal one.
This new version takes a bit longer to craft compared to the previous one but remains quite easy to make as no linings nor machinery is required, just basic hand tools, by the way, I have included a list at the end of this post and you could also check my other post on tools.
I have used a thin baby calf veg tanned leather, I love this choice for small leather goods as we are looking for something sturdy but no too thick. As usual I stitched it with linen thread from fil au chinois in size 432 and used a Blanchard #8 pricking irons. You could go for smaller pricking iron and smaller thread but I quite like the authentic look of the fat stitching look gives to the product. Using natural veg tanned leather means the leather is going to age nicely and gain a nice patina... can't wait to see how... I will start using it from today and do another post in a couple of months so your guys can see the difference!
Affordable leather crafting tool kit: http://amzn.to/2nGuJ8C
List of tools :
- Scratch awl: http://amzn.to/2nBcFya
- Diamond shape awl: http://amzn.to/2pq6v09
- NT cutter: http://amzn.to/2o3wCJT
- Scratch compass: http://amzn.to/2pq78XB
- Mallet: http://amzn.to/2ooxETF
- Saddler leather hammer: http://amzn.to/2omBta5
- Bees wax: http://amzn.to/2nB3NZp
- Pricking iron: http://amzn.to/2p3O6H0
- Small pliers: http://amzn.to/2pqaSbu
- Crepe eraser to clean products: http://amzn.to/2oZk0YC
- Regad electric creasing equipement: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftnTools?section_id=18214546